Minggu, 01 Februari 2015

Compound-Complex Sentence

COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCE

A compound-complex sentence is a sentence which is made from two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. This kind of sentence is one of the four basic sentence structures. The other structures are the simple sentence, the compound sentence, and the complex sentence.
Here the examples of Compound-Complex Sentence:
1.       She would took the book that you read, but it was too high to reach.
This sentence consists of:
a.       Independent clause  :
·         She would took the book
·         it was too high to reach
b.      Dependent clause      :  
·         that you read
2.       Dinda explained how cookies are made, and I practiced her techniques at home.
This sentence consists of:
a.       Independent clause  :
·         Dinda explained (how cookies are made)
·         I practiced her techniques at home
b.      Dependent clause      :  
·         how cookies are made
3.       The boy who stands there is my son, and I really love him.
This sentence consists of:
a.       Independent clause  :
·         The boy is my son
·         I really love him
b.      Dependent clause      :
·         who stands there

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar